Wednesday 7 September 2011

Touching base: PartII

Now that we've unpacked everything (which consists mostly of our personal belongings and nothing more) I'll give you all a quick tour of the living quarters, since I'm currently stuck at home, waiting on the bathroom repairperson and packages from Amazon (a new shiny microwave and kettle chips. YES. Kettle chips.. -___- This is why you shouldn't go online shopping at 4 in the morning)

Anyway, onward with the tour! But before that, I must apologize for the photo quality. I forgot to pack my DSLR so I'm stuck using my cellphone camera. Hopefully, I'll be able to retrieve it this coming summer.

Let's start with the heart of the house: the kitchen.



 The stove and oven are fairly old, but still usable. Unfortunately, the hob is electric and, being so used to gas, takes quite a while for me to get used to. We've a neat little broiler that is a pain to clean, but quite useful I would think when the time comes to carmelize the sugar on top of creme brulees or perhaps making s'mores. Despite my lack of amenities and appliances, I will strive to explore and push my curisoity within the culinary realm.

Next, the livingroom (or is it dining?)


 I doubt we'll ever make use of this space, since everyone (by everyone I mean three people including myself. Soo lonely) usually retreats back to their rooms after doing their business in the kitchen. Ideas for this space are most definitely welcome!

Moving on~ we've also a nice balcony next to the kitchen where you can gaze at the scenery behind the house as you sip your morning coffee or well, you can also spy on your neighbors.


That bisque colored establishment is apparently our garage... that of which is home to a family of Black Widows. Or so the screams from T tell me. I think I'll be parking on the street instead.

Right under the stairs is the portal to the underworld-er I mean a really really really freaky stairway that leads to the even scarier basement, which also leads to the back yard...

>__<;; A place that I shall never venture.
ANYWAY. Here are some nicer stairs to look at.

These will lead you up to the bedrooms and straight to where I am right now.




Currently, the only furniture we have is a mattress (if that's even considered so). =_____= Which means, at the moment, all of our clothes are scattered about on the floor... well my dear roommate's and mine. If you squint closely, you can catch a glimpse of his head... e____e;;

And that'll be my abode for the next 6 months or so, before we move to a better neighborhood. Not too bad, eh? It's definitely a change from the layout of the houses that I'm used to back home, where the majority have floors that are independent from each other, meaning they are ready to be leased to potential renters.

Now that that's done with, I'll share a bit of blog related news to you all. At the moment, I'll be focusing on the recipes that I have backlogged from my few months of absence. I'll also be doing food reviews of the restaurants back when I was still living in San Francisco.... out of homesickness and nostalgia. After I'm finished with those, I'll be focusing on the local restaurants here in Pittsburgh, PA.

1 comment:

  1. You should turn that room into a ginormous walk-in closet. Or let me have it for a sewing room/walk-in closet. Anytime I need clothes I'll fly to PA and get some.

    ReplyDelete