Thursday 15 April 2010

petite cinnamon palmiers.

I was in quite a dilemma a few days back. It was the day before my friend's birthday and... and I was having second thoughts about the present I bought for said friend. A shawl.. really now. So, taking the suggestion from another lovely friend, I decided to concoct something from the kitchen to go in the shawl's stead. Whilst rummaging through the fridge, I came upon a box of puff pastry dough. The first thing that popped into my head was...
 
Palmiers~

Okay... no, it was more around the lines of "I seriously need to clean out the fridge."

Anyway, these flaky cookies are absolutely divine. Though elegant as they appear, Palmiers are quite simple to make.

Allow me to guide you through the process~ =)

Mini Cinnamon Palmiers

We'll need:
 












2tbls granulated sugar
1tsp cinnamon
1 sheet pre-made puff pastry sheet (thawed)

>>preheat over to 350F<<






Utensils:
baking pan
two sheets of parchment paper
measuring spoons
a small mixing bowl
fork or spoon
knife

~In the small mixing bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon with fork (or spoon).













~Unfold the puff pastry on the parchment paper and sprinkle evenly with the cinnamon sugar. Next, roll one end of the pastry, stopping at the center. Repeat with the other side.












~With the knife, carefully slice into 1/2in pieces.












~Place the slices flat-side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 350F for about 25mins, until golden.(The palmiers will be soft and very pliable when they first come out of the oven. I'd let them cool for a good 3mins before removal, to prevent them from falling apart) Place on a cooling rack until they crisp up.

No comments:

Post a Comment